Nitrous Oxide and Oxygen Inhalation
This is also known as laughing gas. Inhalation of this gas through a mask during your procedure will help relieve anxiety and enhance comfort. The patient will feel relaxed and not recognize pain. At the end of the procedure, the laughing gas will be completely flushed out of your system and the effect will be diminished allowing the patient to safely drive home and continue daily activities as normal.
Oral Sedation/Minimal Sedation
- This safe sedation technique allows the patient to be fully relaxed during the procedure and remembers little to nothing during their time in the dental chair by the next day.
- It is recommended for high dental anxiety and fear, severe gag reflex, chronic or acute jaw soreness, physical limitations such as back and neck problems, difficulty getting numb, and a desire to have dentistry done comfortably while they are fully relaxed.
- A consultation appointment is needed for discussion and preparation before day of procedure appointment
- This is like having dentistry done while you sleep. IV sedation can be accomplished safely and conveniently in our office by a licensed anesthesiologist.
- Patients most benefit from IV sedation:
- Medically Compromised
- Physically & Mentally Disabled
- Anxiety & Fear
- Local Anesthetic Allergies
- Hyperactive Gag Reflex
- Desire to be asleep during the dental procedure
A consultation appointment is needed for discussion and preparation before day of procedure appointment